Buddha bowl with tahini dressing


buddha bowl

Veggies, veggies, my lovely veggiiiiies 💚
Raw or cooked, leaf or root, you always make me feel happy!

Think I'm gonna write a song: be ready for the next hit!



Okay, I'm sorry. I definitely must stop trying to be funny... It's quite awkward...


Bowl stuffs are always the best, and Buddha bowl is one of my fav' of them: colorful, mix of textures and flavors, healthy ingredients... And never boring since you can vary all of the components and dressing.

Here, I want to share one kind of Buddha bowl: rice, cooked and raw veggies and a savory tahini dressing.

What for me, it's a kind of easy dish I make by using my rice cooker and a microwave steamer but it's just the laziest way to prepare it. Making a Buddha bowl has to stay affordable for everyone and so doesn't require any specific equipment. You surely can use a regular pot, a steamer or even your oven instead. The most important part is the dressing which still raw.

Ingredients:

- 1 portion of cooked rice
- 1/2 yellow carrot
- 1/2 purple carrot
- a little piece of butternut squash
- a few red bell pepper slices
- a few radish slices
- a few basil leaves
- 2 sherry tomatoes

 for the dressing: 

- 1tbs tahini
- 1/2ts garlic powder
- 1ts paprika
- 1tbs lemon juice
- 1ts dried herbs
- a sprinkle of salt
- water to adjust consistency

Instructions:

Cut carrots and squash and cook them the way you want (steamed veggies is the best!)
Mix in a bowl all of the ingredients for the dressing. Combine well.
In a large bowl, put rice and add your cooked and raw veggies. Sprinkle a little bit of sesame seeds.

Pour as much dressing as you want and enjoy!



buddha bowl tahini

Comments

  1. Thank you for your nice comment!
    I have this skill: turning every simple situation into an annoying song. For exemple, I hate "Il est où le bonheur" by C. Maé. But, everytime I'm looking for something, guess which lyrics I've got on my mind? Not that easy to live with it...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts